Single Barrel Aquaponics - Part 2 of 5

Part 1 : Here  Part 3 : Here  Part 4 : Here  Part 5 : Here

Continue with making better water inlet control.


Close up of the water feed control, a ball valve in place to divert excess water from the pump. This valve need to be adjusted to control water diverted away from growbed.




The pump I use is rated 1000 L/hr, I may need to get a smaller pump, for a fixed setup I would prefer to not use the ball valve method but stick to lower capacity pump.


Video of the setup




Continue


Bought another pump, this time smaller and its rating 7.5 watt / 500 L/hr flow rate. Its still more then what needed, have to still divert some excess water but not as much as compare to the 1000 L/hr pump.


This pump price RM 23.00 about USD 7.00. So far this brand is good the first pump of this make I bought still running after more that 2 years of usage.


After assembling the set I realise, the cut out I made for the bottom part should have not cut all the way to the top. I should have left about 1  to 11/2 inches of the top part so that the barrel mouth have a continuous rim around it. This will make putting growbed on top more secure.




Above diagram illustrate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment